domingo, 18 de junho de 2017

Mountain and green ball



I decided to climb the mountain. The top is cloudy, and so high that no one can see its peak. There is a heavy forest at the base, where many beings lost themselves. Some died in angriness, madness, passion, and some became ghosts.  The middle part of the mountain is just volcanic sand and dense rocks. Where an infinite stairway of stones leads to an endless end. 


I started climbing through the dense forest. Where ghosts were roaming everywhere, they did not know they were ghosts when they came and talked to me. At the beginning, I wanted to tell them, but I realized that when I started to talk, they could not see me anymore. Weird phenomenon. 
 

The dense forest was wonderful land. Beautiful waterfalls and many types of trees and lakes with reflecting-water-sunlight. Many fruits, animals and trees. But it was so dense and sometimes so dark and so easy to get lost. Part of me wanted to stay there, eating juicy fruits. The other part wanted to leave. Deep inside my heart, the mountain’s voice was talking to me.


It was a hard decision, but I finally reached the border. Looking at miles of dead land, sand and stone ahead of me, I froze. Why should I go there? That mountain, I do not even know were and if it has an end. There is nothing and there may be nothing afterwards. But I knew that all those thoughts were just lies. The mountain’s voice talked to me again. I started climbing, no looking back. 


I stop. I cannot take another step. My backpack is just too heavy. For climbing this, I need to take only what is necessary. I open it; there are some minor things I do not need anymore. I eat a fruit. I take this green transparent glass ball from inside. I have this ball for a while now. I remember looking to the world through it. It gave me this interesting distortion of things around me. It was interesting to look through it and see the things in a different way. 


I sit down. I hold it with both hands and put it in front of my eyes, and in an instant, everything becomes greenish and distorted. I feel kinda drunk, kinda high. I laugh, it is fun to do this. I do this for a long time, days pass by. My eyes start to get tired. My head hurts. My body is telling me it cannot take it anymore, although my mind does not know exactly what is going on.


It’s hard to let it go. I had good times with this green glass ball. I am divided between staying here with headache and drunkenness, both pain and pleasure… or climbing the mountain, as the voice just reminded me. There is nothing more to be done.


I stand. I lower my hands; I see the world once again how it is. Like the forest, the ball had many things to offer for me to stay. But I need to continue climbing, and this ball is too heavy to carry with me. I open my hands, I let it go. I though it was going to break or stay still at the same place. But it rolls back to the forest. It-rolls-back to the forest. Maybe it is happy there, maybe it will become a ghost. Maybe a waterfall. I hope it becomes something beautiful. 


I breathe. I feel everything felt into place. Before closing the backpack, I grab another juicy fruit. I take a bite, I climb one step, I take another bite, I climb another step, bite, step, bite, step, bite, step…

Nenhum comentário: